Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Full chapter text in feeds

I received some feedback requesting that the full chapter text be included as part of the feed. ScriptureCast.net has never been about providing content, instead just linking to content. All the chapters and audio files remain on their original servers at LDS.org. I'm uncomfortable with providing any more than short excerpts as part of the feed.

However, for those who do want more than an excerpt as part of the feed, I have a solution for you. Yahoo! Pipes is a service which allows for manipulations of data sources and feeds. I've created a pipe that will automatically fetch the chapter text from LDS.org and include it along with the feed. Here is how you use it:


I hope this helps. If many people start using it, I might create better pipes that filter out page headers/footers or I might include links to the pipes from ScriptureCast.net .

No comments: